1. Forgetting your Favicon
The favicon is a small icon that serves as branding for your website. It helps people to locate your page easier when they have multiple tabs open.
2. Unclear call-to-action buttons
Make it stand out more: use another color, a button, clear and catching copy and you're good to go.
3. Too much going on
Stick to the necessary information that your audience wants to know, don't overdo it.
4. Buttons that don't work
Make sure the links behind every button work
5. Not having an image on blogs
People scan webpages. What do they tend to see? Titles, images and captions.
6. Mobile website that looks weird or doesn't work at all
Mobile is more important than ever, make sure everything works properly and looks good on mobile as well.
7. Using images that are above 300kb
If you use a large image, you'll increase loading time, which means your visitor has to wait longer and is more likely to go away faster.
8. Using generic stock photos
Show your employees instead.
9. Incoherent branding
Stick to your colors, fonts, font sizes ... that you defined.
10. No spacing or too much spacing between content boxes
No spacing: everything is crammed and not easily scannableToo much spacing: you need to keep scrolling
11. Funky fonts
First of all: make it readable
1. Not including social proof
Are you a service provider with tons of happy clients? Well, show it!
2. Talking only about yourself
Instead focus on 'What's in it for you?'
3. No links from your blog to your service pages
Make sure to include internal links from your blog to your most important pages. Your blog is the gateway.
1. No contact info
Well, obviously, make it easy at any time for people to contact you.
2. A dull 404 page
404s happen, might as well make them stand out a bit more.
3. Not including social media buttons
Remember these? Include them on your website!
4. A non secure website (http vs. https)
Ensure a private connection for your website. If that's not the case, an alert is shown (in Google Chrome), meaning that someone might be able to see or change the information you send or get through this site.
5. Very, very long urls
Make your urls easy to remember.
6. SEO titles and descriptions mismatch or duplication
Make sure the SEO description matches the actual page.
7. Missing alt-tags for images
Important one! Add an alt tag to also index your images.